The State of Constant Dzikr

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Shaykh Muhammad Nazhim Adil al-Haqqani (q.s.) said all creatures are in a state of constant dzikr, for dzikr is the greatest recitation.  The Wahhabi ‘ulama speak out against the recitation of dzikr, especially against the loud congregational dzikr.  Why do they forbid what Allah (s.w.t.) has enjoined?  Allah (s.w.t.) Says, in the Qur’an: 

سُوۡرَةُ البَقَرَة

فَٱذۡكُرُونِىٓ أَذۡكُرۡكُمۡ وَٱشۡڪُرُواْ لِى وَلَا تَكۡفُرُونِ (١٥٢) 

Then do you remember Me; I will Remember you.  Be grateful to Me and reject not faith. (Surah al-Baqarah:152) 

In a hadits qudsi, as recorded in Swahih al-Bukhari and Swahih Muslim, Allah (s.w.t.) Says, “I am to my servant as he expects of Me, I am with him when he remembers Me.  If he remembers Me in his heart, I Remember him to Myself, and if he remembers me in an assembly, I Mention him in an assembly better than his …” 

On what basis do these scholars forbid dzikr?  There are many inconsistent practises of the Wahhabi.  For example, they say that only after their leader, Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhab, reformed Islam, was true Islam established.  Do they really believe that the millions of Muslims who lived in the thousand years before him, were all unbelievers?  They know that every group must have a leader in Islam.  Who is now the leader of the Wahhabi sect today?  There is none. 

They destroyed all the graves in Jannat al-Ma’ala and Jannat al-Baqi’, stating that no grave must have a building over it.  Then why have they left the Prophet’s (s.a.w.) grave intact, with a building over it?  They say that no prayer is allowed in any building that houses a grave.  Then why have they allowed Muslims to pray in Masjid an-Nabawi, which houses the Prophet’s (s.a.w.) grave?”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Du’a of the Blind Man

The Story of Azazel