Finding God, Knowing God
بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
Mawlana Jalal ad-Din Muhammad ar-Rumi (q.s.) wrote:
“Go not
there, for I am your Friend.
In
this mirage of annihilation,
I am
the Fountain of life.
Even
though in anger you depart,
A
hundred thousand years from Me,
In the
end you will come to Me,
For I
am your goal.
Did I
not Say to you,
‘Be
not content with worldly forms,
For I
am the Fashioner of the tabernacle of your contentment’?
Did I
not Say to you, ‘I am the Sea and you are a single fish;
Go not
to dry land, for I am your crystal Sea’?
Did I
not Say to you, ‘Go not like birds to the snare.
Come,
for I am the Power of flight and your wings and feet’?
Did I
not Say to you, ‘They will waylay you and make you cold,
For I
am the Fire, and Warmth and Heat of your desire’?
Did I
not Say to you, ‘They will implant in you ugly qualities,
So
that you will forget that I am the Source of purity to you’?
Did I
not Say to you, ‘Do not say from what direction,
The
servant’s affairs come into order.
I am
the Creator without directions’?
If you
are the lamp of the heart,
Know
where the road is to the House;
And if you are god-like of Attribute,
Then know that I am your Master.’”

Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be posted.