Two Prophets & the Prayer of Peace

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Imam Abu Hamid Muhammad ibn Muhammad al-Ghazali (r.a.), recorded, from earlier Aramaic texts, that to Jesus (a.s.), son of Mary (a.s.), was of those who were specially favoured.  Among the proofs of it is this, that he called down peace upon himself, for he said, “Peace be on me the day I was born and the day I shall die, and the day I shall be Raised up alive.”  And this was because of His peace of mind and His loving-kindness toward men. 

سُوۡرَةُ مَریَم

وَٱلسَّلَـٰمُ عَلَىَّ يَوۡمَ وُلِدتُّ وَيَوۡمَ أَمُوتُ وَيَوۡمَ أُبۡعَثُ حَيًّ۬ا (٣٣) 

“So, Peace is on me, the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be Raised up to life (again)”! (Surah Maryam:33) 

But as for John (a.s.), the son of Zachariah (a.s.), he took the place of awe and fear toward Allah (s.w.t.), and did not utter these words until after they were repeated to him by his Creator Who Says, “Peace be upon him the day he was born, and the day he died, and the day he was Raised again.” 

سُوۡرَةُ مَریَم

وَسَلَـٰمٌ عَلَيۡهِ يَوۡمَ وُلِدَ وَيَوۡمَ يَمُوتُ وَيَوۡمَ يُبۡعَثُ حَيًّ۬ا (١٥) 

So, Peace on him the day he was born, the day that he dies, and the day that he will be Raised up to life (again)! (Maryam:15)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Du’a of the Blind Man

The Kufr of ‘Abd al-‘Aziz ibn ‘Abdullah ibn Baz