Encounters during the Mi’raj: The Voices of Heaven & Hell
بِسۡمِ
ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
During the night of the Mi’raj, the Prophet (s.a.w.), accompanied by Jibril (a.s.), travelled to a place until they came to a valley in which the Prophet (s.a.w.) breathed a sweet, cool breeze fragrant with musk and he heard a voice. He asked, “What is this, O Jibril?”
He replied, “This is the voice of Paradise saying, ‘O my Lord, Bring me what You have Promised me for too abundant are my rooms, my gold-laced garments, my silk, my brocades, my carpets, my pearls, my coral, my silver, my gold, my goblets, my bowls, my pitchers, my couches, my honey, my water, my milk, my wine!’
And He Says, ‘You will have every single muslimin and muslimat, every mu’minin and mu’minat, and everyone who has believed in Me and My Messengers and did excellent deeds without associating a partner to Me nor taking helpers without Me. Anyone who fears Me will be safe, and whoever asks of Me, I shall Give him, and whoever lends Me something, I shall Repay him, and whoever relies on Me, I shall Suffice him. I Am Allah, besides Whom there is no god. I never fail in My Promise. Successful indeed are the believers! Blessed is Allah, therefore, the best of Creators!’
And Paradise answered, ‘I accept.’”
Then he came to a valley, in which he heard a detestable sound and smelled a stench-carrying wind. He asked, “What is this, O Jibril?”
He replied, “This is the sound of Jahannam saying, ‘O Lord, Give me what You Promised me, for abundant are my chains, my yokes, my punishments, my fires, my thistles, my pus, my tortures! My depth is abysmal, my heat is extreme, therefore give me what You Promised me!’
And He
Replied, ‘You will have every idolater and idolatress, every male and female
disbeliever and foul one and every tyrant who does not believe in the Day of
Reckoning.’”

Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be posted.