Joy in ‘Iyd amidst Tragedy

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Imam Muhammad Sa’id ibn Muhammad Ramadhan al-Buwthi (r.a.) said, “How can we combine between feelings of joy towards the advent of ‘Iyd and feelings of sorrow for the afflicted slaves of Allah (s.w.t.) who suffer from adversities?  Each issue has its function.  They correlate and harmonise with each other, when I am happy for being Guided by Allah (s.w.t.) to the good, for being His slave, and for being Protected by Him.  It is a mental function that exists in my mind, and then it spreads in my whole conscience.  Similarly, when I feel pain and sorrow for my fellow Muslims, I get closer to Allah (s.w.t.) through these feelings.  The believer’s heart can combine between both feelings.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir