The Beginning of His Ma’rifat

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Shah Baha’ ad-Din Muhammad an-Naqshband (q.s.) related, “One day, I was sitting with a friend in seclusion, and the Heavens Opened, and a grand vision came to me, and I heard a voice saying, ‘Is it not enough for you to leave everyone, and to come to Our Presence Alone?’  This voice reduced me to a state of trembling, causing me to run away from that house.  I ran to a river where I threw myself in.  I washed my clothes, and prayed two raka’at in a way that I had never prayed before, feeling as if I was praying in the Divine Presence.  Everything was opened to my heart in a state of kashf.  The entire universe disappeared, and I was not aware of anything other than praying in His Presence.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Du’a of the Blind Man

The Story of Azazel