Complaining at the Prophet’s (s.a.w.) Grave

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Imam Abu al-Faraj ‘Abd ar-Rahman ibn ‘Ali ibn al-Jawzy (r.a.) wrote, in his al-Wafa bi Ahwal li al-Muswthafa’, that Shaykh Abu Bakr al-Minqari (q.s.) said, “I was with ath-Thabarani and Abu ash-Shaykh in the Prophet’s Mosque, in some difficulty.  We became very hungry.  That day and the next, we did not eat.  When it was time for ‘isha’, I went to the Prophet’s (s.a.w.) grave and said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, we are hungry, we are hungry.’  Then I left.

Abu ash-Shaykh said to me, ‘Sit.  Either there will be food for us, or death.’  I slept and Abu ash-Shaykh slept.  ath-Thabarani stayed awake, researching something.  Then an ‘Alawi,” meaning a descendant of Sayyidina ‘Ali ibn Abu Thalib (k.w.), “came knocking at the door with two boys, each one carrying a palm-leaf basket filled with food.  We sat up and ate.  We thought that the children would take back the remainder, but they left everything behind.

When we finished, the ‘Alawi said, ‘O people, did you complain to the Prophet?  I saw him in my sleep, and he ordered me to bring something to you.’”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Du’a of the Blind Man

The Story of Azazel