Imam Abu ‘Abdullah Malik ibn Anas’ (r.a.) Veneration for the Soil of Madina
بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
Imam Abu Hamid Muhammad ibn Muhammad al-Ghazali (r.a.) wrote, in his Ihya’ ‘Ulum ad-Diyn, that Imam Abu ‘Abdullah Muhammad ibn Idris ash-Shafi’i (r.a.) said, “I saw some Khurasani horses at the door of Imam Malik, and I had never seen any other horses better than them. I said to Imam Malik, ‘How beautiful they look.’
He said, ‘They are a present from me to you, O Abu Hamid.’
I said, ‘Keep one of them for yourself for riding.’
He said, ‘I shall be ashamed before Allah to tread with the hoof of any animal on the soil where lies the Prophet (s.a.w.) Sent by Allah (s.w.t.).’”
Imam al-Ghazali (r.a.) added, “Witness, then, his benevolence and his veneration for the soil of Madina.”

Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be posted.