The Fire in the Desert

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

It is related that Jesus (a.s.) once came upon a fire which was kindled over a man in the desert.  Jesus (a.s.) then took water to put it out, and the fire changed into a youth, and the man changed into fire.  So, Jesus (a.s.) wept and said, “O Lord, Restore them to their former state that I may see what their sin was.”  Then that fire was removed from them, and they were a man and a youth. 

The man said, “O Jesus, I have been afflicted in the world by love of this youth, and desire urged me on until I sinned with him one night, after which I sinned with him another day.  Then a man came upon us and said to us, ‘Woe to you!  Fear God!’ 

I replied to him, ‘I am not afraid, and I do not fear.’  Then, when I died, and the youth died, God Turned us into what you see.  Sometimes he becomes fire and burns me, and sometimes I become fire and burn him.  And this is our punishment until the Day of Resurrection.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)