Dzikr & Witnessing

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

Imam Abu al-Qasim ‘Abd al-Karim ibn Huzan al-Qushayri (r.a.) said, “Dzikr is the gradual entry of the one doing the dzikr into the One Invoked.  They said, in that meaning: 

‘I remembered You, not because I forgot You for an instant.

The least part of dzikr is the dzikr of the tongue.

Without ecstasy, I would have become frantic with passion,

My heart wildly beating in passion.

When ecstasy showed me that You are Present with me,

I witnessed You as Existing Everywhere.

I addressed One Who is Present without speaking,

And I witnessed One Who is Present without seeing.’”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir