Quora Answer: What should I Do When My Muslim Girlfriend’s Family Wants Me to Convert to Marry Her?

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

The following is my answer to a Quora question: “My girlfriend is Muslim and I am Christian.  Her family said I have to convert to Islam to marry her.  What should I do? 

Islam requires that you convert to marry her.  They are being observant Muslims.  This is not unusual.  The Catholic Church, for example, also requires it, except the vast majority elect to ignore that.  You have to decide whether you love your theological convictions more, or you love the girl more.  This is a question only you can answer.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir