Quora Answer: In Shari’ah, Does the Balcony Count as Outside the House?

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

The following is my answer to a Quora question: “In Islam, does the balcony count as outside the house?  My husband will not permit me to leave the house, and I want to know if I can go there to hang out wet laundry, or get some fresh air. 

That you have to ask such a question is itself problematic.  Within Islam, both genders are equal.  Your husband does not own you, and does not dictate your movements.  If this is your marriage, how different is it from prison?  This a culture, and act of zhulm, oppression, which is contrary to the values of the religion.  You need to reexamine your understanding of the religion, and possibly, consider divorce.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir