Quora Answer: Can I Convert to Islam if I am Homosexual?

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

The following is my answer to a Quora question: “I want to convert to Islam but I am homosexual, what shall I do? 

You are conflating theological preference for sexual orientation.  I would assume that your concern is the proscription of homosexuality, or even threats to your life.  The former is an issue of jurisprudence and it is nuanced and complicated.  There are even LGBT Muslim communities because Islam is a world religion, covering a multitude of sects, schools and philosophies.  I suggest you do some study, and find something that is more to your flavour.  We are not a monolithic bloc.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir