The Last Supper & Arrest of Jesus (a.s.) from Muslim Sources

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Sayyidina Khalid ibn Sa’id ibn al-‘Aasw al-Amawi (r.a.) was a swahabi, and one of the muhajirun.  He was also Sayyidatina Umm Habibah Ramlah bint Abu Sufyan’s (r.a.) wali, when she married Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.), while she was in Abyssinia. 

Sayyidina Khalid ibn Sa’id (r.a.) said, “And when Allah (s.w.t.) informed the Messiah that he was going from the world, he was disturbed at that, and called the disciples and prepared food for them and said, ‘Come to me tonight, for I have need of you.’  Then, when they gathered at night, he gave them supper and rose to serve them; and when they had finished eating he began to wash their hands and wipe them with his clothes; but they disdained that, so he said, ‘Whoever rejects anything of what I do is not one of mine.’  Then they left him alone until he finished. 

Then he said, ‘I have only done this that you should have in me an example of serving one another.  And as regards my need of you, it is that you should strive for me in prayer to Allah that my end may be delayed.’  But when they wished to do that, Allah (s.w.t.) Cast sleep upon them, so that they were incapable of prayer; and the Messiah began to waken them and rebuke them, but they only increased in sleep and laziness and told him that they were too overcome for that.  Then the Messiah said, ‘Praise be to Allah!  The shepherd is taken away, and the sheep are scattered.’  Afterwards he said to them, ‘Verily I say unto you, one of you will deny me before the cock crows, and one of you will sell me for a small sum of money and will consume my price.’ 

And the Jews had been energetic in searching for him; then one of the disciples came to Herod, the governor of the Jews, and to a company of the Jews and said, ‘What will you assign me if I guide you to the Messiah?’ 

They assigned him thirty darahim, and he took them and guided them to him.  Then Allah (s.w.t.) Raised the Messiah to Himself and cast his likeness on him who led them to him.”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)