Quora Answer: Will I Go to Hell since I am Trying to Believe in God & Jesus (a.s.)?

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

The following is my answer to a Quora question: “Will I go to hell?  I am trying to believe in God and Jesus (a.s.), but I have been conditioned by my life to question everything.  It is hard to believe what you cannot see.  I want to fully believe, but I do not know if my doubts will ever leave. 

Your question is incongruent.  First, you say you find it hard to believe in a God you cannot see, but you seem to have no problem believing in a Hell you have never seen.  If you want to find faith, you have to look inside yourself, and question everything.  There is no faith without doubt.  This idea that faith means unquestioning belief is erroneous.  Such a faith, that has not been tested, has no reality.  If, after all that, you find God, and come to a conception of the Divine, then that is the start of your journey.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)