Quora Answer: As a Muslim, Do You Enjoy Christmas?

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

The following is my answer to a Quora question: “As a Muslim, do you enjoy Christmas? 

Yes.  We have a tree and decorations as well.  I converted to Islam.  My evolution of theological position does not equate with the absolute rejection of my prior Catholic heritage and culture.  It is an evolution of beliefs. 

To me, Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus (a.s.), prophet of Islam, and one of the major figures of our sirah.  I do not suffer from this spiritual inadequacy that precludes me from enjoying the festivities and the values of giving and charity, which is not exclusive to Islam.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)