One Imam at the Maqam of Another

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Imam Abu ‘Abdullah Muhammad ibn Idris ash-Shafi’i (r.a.) described his own experience at the maqam of Imam Abu Hanifah Nu’man ibn Tsabit (r.a.) (r.a.): “I derive blessing from Imam Abu Hanifah, and I visit his grave every day.  When I face a problem, I offer two rak’ah of prayer, and visit his grave, and I pray to Allah (s.w.t.) to Solve my problem.  And I have not even left the place that my problem is solved.” 

Hafizh Khathib al-Baghdadi Abu Bakr Ahmad ibn ‘Ali ash-Shafi‘i (r.a.) related the incident, with a sound chain of transmission, in his Tarikh al-Baghdadi.  Imam Shibab ad-Din Abu al-‘Abbas Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Hajr al-Haytsami (r.a.) recorded this, in al-Khayrat al-Hisan fi Manaqib al-Imam al-A‘azham Abu Hanifah; Imam Muhammad Zahid ibn Hasan al-Kawtsari (r.a.), in Maqalat, and Imam Muhammad Amin ibn ‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Aziz ibn ‘Abidin (r.a.) in Radd al-Muhtar ‘ala Durr al-Mukhtar.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)