“Revert”

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Ustadz Adam Daniel Kelwick wrote this poem, titled, “Revert”:

“When you call me a ‘Revert’,
You sound like a badawi.
Teaching English, but pervert,
To an English hadhari.

Connotations negative,
To do ... a verb, makes me frown.
It is not convert’s narrative,
Not to ‘be’, it is not a noun.

My birth into pure fithrah,
Matured, not to be restored.
Now this is causing fitnah,
Because of a misused word.

We were not born upon Islam,
No obligations to pray.
But after we said kalam,
The duties we do not delay.

Explaining to a heathen,
From you, away they will go.
Accusing them of treason,
Your arrogance, they will know.

I can revert to the past,
But only to which is worse.
So, for my Islam to last,
Take note, I cannot revert.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir