The Passing of Imam Abu ‘Abd ar-Rahman ‘Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak (r.a.)

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Imam Abu ‘Abr ar-Rahman ‘Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak (r.a.) passed away in Hit, returning from a naval expedition and was buried in Hit in Ramadhan in 181 AH.  Imam Abu ‘Abdullah Muhammad ibn Isma’il al-Bukhari (r.a.) said that he was born in 118 AH.  When he was near death, he told Naswr, his servant, “Put my head on the earth.”  Naswr wept.  He asked, “Why do you weep?” 

Naswr said, “I remember what you had in it of blessing and now you are dying a stranger and a pauper.” 

Imam ibn al-Mubarak (q.s.) told him, “Be quiet.  I asked Allah to Let me live the life of the rich and to Make me die the death of the poor.”  Then he said, “Put me down and do not address me again unless I speak again.  Put me down so that it is my last words.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir