Encounters during the Mi’raj: The Prophet (s.a.w.) in the 2nd Heaven

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

During the night of the Mi’raj, the Prophet (s.a.w.), accompanied by Jibril (a.s.), travelled until they ascended to the Second Heaven.  Jibril (a.s.) asked for the gate to be opened.  Someone asked, “Who is this?” 

“Jibril.” 

“Who is with you?” 

“Muhammad.” 

“Has he been Sent for?” 

 “Yes.” 

“Welcome to him, from his family!  May Allah Grant him long life, a brother of ours and a Deputy of Allah, and what an excellent brother and deputy!  What an excellent visit is this!”  The gate was opened.  When they came in, they saw the sons of the two sisters: ‘Isa ibn Maryam (a.s.) and Yahya ibn Zakariya (a.s.).  They resembled each other in clothing and hair.  Each had with him a large company of their people.  ‘Isa (a.s.) was curly-haired, of medium build, leaning towards fair complexion, with hair let down as if he were coming out of the bath.  He resembled Sayyidina ‘Urwah ibn Mas’ud ats-Tsaqafi (r.a.), one of the dignitaries of the town of Tha’if.  Imam Shihab ad-Din Abu al-Fadhl Ahmad ibn ‘Ali ibn Hajr al-‘Asqalani (r.a.), in his Iswabah fi Tamyiz asw-Swahabah, related that he alone responded to the Prophet’s (s.a.w.) invitation to that city by following him and declaring his acceptance of Islam.  Then he asked for permission to return to his people and speak to them.  The Prophet (s.a.w.) said, “I fear lest they harm you.” 

He said, “They would not even wake me up if they saw me sleeping.”  Then he returned. When he began to invite them to Islam, they rejected him.  One morning, as he stood outside his house making adzan, a man shot him with an arrow. 

As he lay dying, he was asked, “What do you think about your death now?” 

He replied, “It is a Gift Given me out of Allah’s (s.w.t.) Generosity.” 

When news of this reached the Prophet (s.a.w.) he said, “He is like the man of YaSin when he came to his people.” 

سُوۡرَةُ یسٓ

وَجَآءَ مِنۡ أَقۡصَا ٱلۡمَدِينَةِ رَجُلٌ۬ يَسۡعَىٰ قَالَ يَـٰقَوۡمِ ٱتَّبِعُواْ ٱلۡمُرۡسَلِينَ (٢٠) ٱتَّبِعُواْ مَن لَّا يَسۡـَٔلُكُمۡ أَجۡرً۬ا وَهُم مُّهۡتَدُونَ (٢١) وَمَا لِىَ لَآ أَعۡبُدُ ٱلَّذِى فَطَرَنِى وَإِلَيۡهِ تُرۡجَعُونَ (٢٢) ءَأَتَّخِذُ مِن دُونِهِۦۤ ءَالِهَةً إِن يُرِدۡنِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنُ بِضُرٍّ۬ لَّا تُغۡنِ عَنِّى شَفَـٰعَتُهُمۡ شَيۡـًٔ۬ا وَلَا يُنقِذُونِ (٢٣) إِنِّىٓ إِذً۬ا لَّفِى ضَلَـٰلٍ۬ مُّبِينٍ (٢٤) إِنِّىٓ ءَامَنتُ بِرَبِّكُمۡ فَٱسۡمَعُونِ (٢٥) قِيلَ ٱدۡخُلِ ٱلۡجَنَّةَۖ قَالَ يَـٰلَيۡتَ قَوۡمِى يَعۡلَمُونَ (٢٦) بِمَا غَفَرَ لِى رَبِّى وَجَعَلَنِى مِنَ ٱلۡمُكۡرَمِينَ (٢٧) 

Then there came running, from the farthest part of the City, a man saying, “O my people!  Obey the Messengers: Obey those who ask no reward of you (for themselves), and who have themselves received Guidance.  It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who Created me, and to Whom you shall (all) be Brought Back.  Shall I take (other) gods besides Him?  If (Allah) Most Gracious should Intend some adversity for me, of no use whatever will be their intercession for me, nor can they deliver me.  I would, indeed, if I were to do so, be in manifest error.  For me, I have faith in the Lord of you (all): listen then to me!”  It was said, “Enter you the Garden.”  He said, “Ah me!  Would that my people knew (what I know)! - For that my Lord has Granted me Forgiveness and has Enrolled me among those held in honour!” (Surah YaSin:20-27) 

The Prophet (s.a.w.) greeted them, and they returned his greeting.  Then they said: “Welcome to the righteous brother and the righteous prophet!”  Then they invoked for goodness on his behalf.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir