Marwan ibn al-Hakam Hated the Ahl al-Bayt

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Imam Abu al-Qasim Sulayman ibn Ayyub ath-Thabarani (r.a.) recorded that when Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah ‘Abd ar-Rahman ibn Sakhr ad-Dawsi az-Zahrani al-Azdi (r.a.) was on his deathbed, the cursed Marwan entered upon him and said, “Since I have been acquainted with you, there is nothing that upsets me about you except your love for Hasan and Husayn.” 

Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (r.a.) replied, “I recall that I was in a journey with the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.) once and he heard the cries of Hasan and Husayn, so he rushed towards them and asked, ‘What is the matter with my sons?’ 

He was told, ‘Thirst.’  So, he looked for water, but none was found.  So, he then took one of the boys in his arms and made him suck his blessed tongue until he stopped crying.  Then he did the same with the other boy.  So, do you not want me to love those two after what I saw from Rasulullah (s.a.w.)?” 

And yet, it should be noted that Swahih al-Bukhari has narrations from Marwan.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir