Inheritors of the Field

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Shaykh Abu ‘Abdullah Wahb ibn Munabbih asw-Swana’ani adz-Dzamari (r.a.) said, Jesus (a.s.), son of Mary (a.s.), went out one day with a company of his companions and when the day was advanced, they passed a field where the crop was ready to be rubbed, and they said, “O prophet of God, verily we are hungry.” 

Then God Revealed to him, “Give them permission concerning their food.” 

So, he gave them permission, and they separated in the field rubbing and eating.  But while they were doing that, the owner of the field came, and he was saying, “It is my field and my land which I inherited from my ancestors.  By whose permission are you eating, you people?” 

Then, Jesus (a.s.) prayed to his Lord, and God Raised up all who had possessed that land from the time of Adam (a.s.) until that time.  Beside every plant, was a man or woman, all of them shouting, “It is my field and my land which I inherited from my ancestors.” 

The man was terrified, for, initially, he had not recognised Jesus (a.s.).  When he recognised him, he said, “I apologise to you, O apostle of God.  My field and my possessions are at your disposal.” 

Jesus (a.s.) wept and said, “Woe to you!  All these have inherited this land and have peopled it, then have gone away from it; and you too will go away from it, and overtaking them, will have no land or possessions.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir