When Imam Abu ‘Abdullah Malik ibn Anas (r.a.) was Continuously Stung by a Scorpion

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Imam Abu ‘Abd ar-Rahman ‘Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak (r.a.) reported that one time, Imam Abu ‘Abdullah Malik ibn Anas (r.a.) was continuously stung by a scorpion, under his garment, over ten times while narrating ahadits.  During the narration of the ahadits, he did not stop in order to remove it; rather he continued to narrate until the end.  “I noticed the discoloration of his face when the Imam was being stung.  Afterwards, when all the people had left, I came to the Imam and asked him what had happened. 

He replied, ‘A scorpion was stinging me under my garment.  I could not have kept my patience because of myself restraint; rather it was out of the respect of the ahadits of the Prophet (s.a.w.) that I did not remove it.’”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir