An Ode to the Prophet (s.a.w.)

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Imam Yusuf ibn Isma’il an-Nabhani, (q.s.) wrote, in praise of the Prophet (s.a.w.): 

“I am the slave of the Master of Prophets,

And my fealty to him has no beginning.

I am slave to his slave, and to his slave’s slave,

And so forth endlessly!

I do not cease to approach the door,

Of his good pleasure among the novices.

I proclaim to all the science of his high attributes,

And sing this science among the poets.

Perhaps he will tell me: “You are the Salman of my allegiance,

the Hasan of my excellent homage!”

Yes, I would sacrifice my soul for the dust of his sanctuary!

His favour should be that he accept my sacrifice.

He has triumphed who ascribes himself to Him –

Not that He needs such following.

For He is not in need of creation at all,

While they all need Him without exception.

He belongs to Allah alone, Whose pure servant he is,

As His Attributes and Names have Made Manifest.

And every single favour in creation comes from Allah to him,

And from him to everything else.”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir