Musk of the Prophet (s.a.w.)

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

The following is recorded in al-Qawl al-Badi’ fi asw-Swalah ‘ala al-Habib ash-Shafi’i, by Imam Shams ad-Din Muhammad ibn ‘Abd ar-Rahman as-Sakhawi (q.s.). 

A pious saint, Shaykh Muhammad ibn Sa’id ibn Mutharrif (q.s.) said, “I had made it a habit to confer a fixed number of blessings upon the Prophet (s.a.w.) before retiring to bed at night.  I once retired to bed in the upper chamber of my house after conferring my fixed number of blessings, when I saw the Prophet (s.a.w.) in a dream.  He entered through the door of the upper chamber whereby the whole upper chamber instantly filled with light.  The Prophet (s.a.w.) then came towards me and said, ‘Bring forward that mouth which confers blessings upon me in abundance so that I may kiss it.’ 

I felt ashamed to present my mouth before the blessed mouth of the Prophet (s.a.w.), and so I turned my cheek towards him.  The Prophet (s.a.w.) then kissed me on my cheek.  I suddenly woke up overcome with anxiety, and this caused my wife who was lying next to me to suddenly awake too.  The whole upper chamber was emanating with the beautiful fragrance of musk, and this fragrance remained on my cheek for eight days.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir