Sufficient is Allah (s.w.t.) for Me

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

Imam Abu Hamid Muhammad ibn Muhammad al-Ghazali (r.a.) wrote in his Ihya’ ‘Ulum ad-Din, “Allah is enough for me in my religion.  Allah is enough for me in my mundane life.  Allah, the Generous, is enough for me in what distresses me.  Allah, the Affectionate, is enough for me against him who oppresses me.  Allah, the Stern, is enough for me against him who hurts me by evil.  Allah, the Compassionate, is enough for me at death.  Allah, the Merciful, is enough for me at the Inquisition in the Grave.  Allah, the Generous, is enough for me at the Reckoning.  Allah, the Beneficent, is enough for me at the Scales.  Allah, the Powerful, is enough for me at the crossing of the Traverse.” 

سُوۡرَةُ التّوبَة

فَإِن تَوَلَّوۡاْ فَقُلۡ حَسۡبِىَ ٱللَّهُ لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ‌ۖ عَلَيۡهِ تَوَڪَّلۡتُ‌ۖ وَهُوَ رَبُّ ٱلۡعَرۡشِ ٱلۡعَظِيمِ (١٢٩) 

But if they turn away, Say: “Allah suffices me: There is none god but He; on Him is my trust - He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) Supreme! (Surah at-Tawbah:129)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir