Heaven was...

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Heaven was a park bench on a long beach,

On a cloudy night, with forever in reach.

And the world moved yet time stood still.

I drank it all in but I never had my fill.

Perhaps the multitudes did create much ado.

Yet I could see nothing but You.  You.  Just You. 

Heaven was that Close Embrace we Had.

Every moment of Aching Thirst to Drive me mad.

Every moment of me in You until ‘I’ was ‘You’.

Every vision of possibilities and impossibilities so new.

Of that aching Love so beautifully intense.

You were Present, the Presence of my Absence. 

Take away the world and leave me that bench.

Take away ‘me’ and leave no heart to wrench.

Take away the other and the between in between.

Remove the Veil of the Unveiled until it is Seen

The Reality of You is Me and the Me in You.

No more You or I; only what is True.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)