The Station of Extinction

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

The following is from the Shaykh Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Ajibah’s (q.s.) Iqaz al-Himam fi Sharh al-Hikam, commentary of al-Hikam of Shaykh Taj ad-Din Abu al-Fadhl Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Atha’illah as-Sakandari (q.s.).  Speaking of the station of extinction, Sayyidina ‘Ali ibn Abu Thalib (k.w.) said in verse: 

“I saw my Lord with the eye of my heart.

I said: No doubt it is You!  It is You!

You are the One Who Encompassed every ‘where’.

So there is no ‘where’, except You are there.

‘Where’ has no ‘where’, in regards to You.

For ‘where’ to know where You are

Nor can imagination, imagine You.

For imagination to know where You are

Your Knowledge Encompasses everything

So that everything I see is You.

And in my annihilation, is the Annihilation of my annihilation.

and in my annihilation, I found You.”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)