Sunday, 25 December 2011

An Amal to Get Married

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Once, I visited Maqam Habib Nuh (q.s.), which I do whenever I can.  On that day, I happened to spend the entire afternoon there.  And by the time I finished my homework, it was time for maghrib.  I was going for a majlis and it so happened, that the habib I knew, was also going to that same majlis.  So we they went together and I sat in this habib’s car.

As we drove along the expressway, Habib ThaHa asked me if I was married, and I essentially told him, I was not looking: “I’m happily divorced.”

Habib ThaHa said: “In my time at the maqam, I’ve met so many people.  They come with all sorts of situations.  Once, a lady came and said she was worried that her two daughters are unmarried.  But she was told to recite Surah Thaha:125.  al-Hamdulillah, within a month, both her daughters, someone had asked for their hand.”

They drove along.  It was quiet for a while.  And then Habib ThaHa turned to me and said with emphasis, “I strongly recommend it.”


He will say, “O my Lord!  Why hast Thou, Raised me up blind, while I had sight (before)?”  (Surah ThaHa:125)

I thought about it, and left it.  The ayat is not exactly one I would associate with marriage.  Certainly there is a tafsir behind it that needed pondering.  About a year or so later, I remembered.  I read it once.  I got married soon after.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be posted.