An Amal to Get Married

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

There was a shaykh I knew, who sat at a particular mosque, and sometimes, people would come to him with their problems.  He told me, “Once, a lady came and said she was worried that her two daughters are unmarried.  She was told to recite Surah Thaha:125.  al-Hamdulillah, within a month, both her daughters, someone had asked for their hand.” 

سُوۡرَةُ طٰه

قَالَ رَبِّ لِمَ حَشَرۡتَنِىٓ أَعۡمَىٰ وَقَدۡ كُنتُ بَصِيرً۬ا (١٢٥) 

He will say, “O my Lord!  Why have You, Raised me up blind, while I had sight (before)?”  (Surah ThaHa:125)



Comments

  1. Assalaamu'alaikum,

    I stumbled upon this page sometime late last year and started reciting this ayat in the hope of getting married.

    Recently, I met a woman and fell in love with her. Things were going well until she suddenly changed (or perhaps rather, her true colours began to show) and I ended up heartbroken, sad, angry and confused.

    I would appreciate some advice on my situation, or some elaboration on this ayat/amal if you have any. I am over 30 and never been married. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa 'Alaykum as-Salaam,

      I am sorry to hear that. On one hand, it is a blessing, because it is better to be single than to be married to the wrong woman.

      When it comes to a hajat such as these, say it three times, and then leave it. Surely Allah (s.w.t.) has a better Plan, and part of our religion is a good opinion of Allah (s.w.t.) and Trust in His Infinite Generosity.

      The purpose of such supplications is a reminder to us, that long before we were aware of our need, even before we were born, Allah (s.w.t.) was Aware and Addressed it, since that need was put into us. When we du'a, and it is Granted, we remember, and we are grateful. And when it seems not so, it is a reminder to us that the time, the manner and the means are His, and He Exercises His Sovereignty. In such a condition, the believer exercises patience, and hope.

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much for your advice.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be posted.

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir