The Shaykh & the Waliah

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Shaykh Dzu an-Nun Abu al-Faydh Tsawban ibn Ibrahim al-Miswri (q.s.) related, “I was travelling through the desert of Bani Isra’il when I came across a black slave woman, overwhelmed in rapture of love of the Most Merciful, her gaze fixed on the heavens above.  I said to her, ‘Peace be with you, my honourable sister.’ 

She replied, ‘And peace be with you, Dzu an-Nun.’ 

I asked her, ‘How do you know who I am?’ 

She replied, ‘Allah (s.w.t.) Created the souls two thousand years before their bodies, and then Made them circumambulate His Throne, and the ones who became acquainted there are connected, while those who did not are divided.  My soul knew your soul when they roamed that realm together.’ 

I said, ‘I see that you are a woman of great wisdom.  Please, teach me something from what Allah (s.w.t.) has Taught you.’ 

She said, ‘Abu Faydh, put upon your limbs a scale of justice, until everything done for other than Allah (s.w.t.) Leaves it, and your heart remains pure and free, with nothing remaining in it except ar-Rabb.  After that, He will Place you at His Door, and He will Befriend you anew, and will Order that those who guard hidden treasures be in your obedience.’ 

I said, ‘My sister, increase me.’ 

She said, ‘Abu Faydh, withhold from yourself for your own self’s sake, and obey Allah (s.w.t.) when you are alone, and He will Respond to your prayers.’”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir