The Dream of the Grave

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

I once had some reservations about a certain “shaykh”, so I did my istikharah, and left it at that.  I had a long, vivid dream.  I dreamt I was lying down in a shallow grave.  I sat up and I was surrounded by a centre group of people who all belonged to the same majlis.  I saw Shaykh Zakariya ibn ‘Umar Bagharib (q.s.) there, and I saw a particular shaykh.  I could see right through them to the chair they sat on.  They did not look too pleased.  In the background, there were people.  They were indistinct; although they had turbans and wore the traditional dress of the shuyukh of the thariqa’.  There were many of them.  I was told that this shaykh whom I could see through, had passed away and I felt great loss in my heart.  This is strange since I never really thought I had a close relationship with him. 

I saw this “shaykh” of whom I had doubts and he was smiling broadly.  He looked at me and said, “I love it!”  And he was referring to a certain position of authority he had acquired.  He was sitting down, dressed in the regalia of the thariqa’, with the turban and the walking stick, and a woman unrelated to him came and kissed his hand.  There were several such scenes and he was basking in the attention. 

Finally, I saw the shaykh I was told had passed away.  The shaykh had appointed this person.  I asked, “Why him?” 

And he replied, “There was nobody else.”


Comments

  1. Is Shaykh Gibril Haddad a member of your tariqa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu'Alaikum,

    He is a mureed of the Naqshbandi Haqqani.

    Wassalam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamu'Alaikum,
    The one shaykh I know as Naqshbandi Haqqani is shaykh Nazim Al Kibrisi.
    He is still alive Alhamdulillah. Who has passed away then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa 'Alaykum as-Salaam,

      Shaykh Nazim al-Haqqani al-Qubrusi is the murshid. There are many shuyukh of the order all over the world to lead the various majalis, although many of them would actually be just a wakil instead of an actual shaykh.

      Wa as-Salaam

      Delete
  4. Shayk nazim kubrisi (q.s) and shaykh hisham kabani (q.s) have said that it is sunnah for ladies to kiss hands of the shaykhs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am aware of the Sunni ruling on this. I even wrote a post explaining it on this blog. This, however, is a dream and has a different meaning.

      Delete

  5. Who is the Shaykh in the dream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather not say since he is quite well-known.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be posted.

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)