“Muhammad is Dead!”

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

I dreamt once that I was dressed as I normally dress when I perform swalah at home.  I was outside a house I did not know.  It was a place empty of furnishings but full of people I knew.  There were mats on the floor.  I was asked to call the adzan.  I was not inclined to do so.  And so, they asked again, and I called the adzan very reluctantly.  I felt that it would have better if we went to the certain mosque nearby.  The people milled around and there was no imam.

After the adzan was called, the people decided to go to the mosque after all.  We all left this house and walked to the mosque, travelling along a green fence.  I was amongst the last to leave and walked at the back of the line.  We were in single file.  Along the way there, an old man came walking in the opposite direction.  He was hunched, but otherwise nondescript.  He shouted at us, “Muhammad is dead!”

I was outraged.  I replied by inspiration, “Muhammad is the Beloved of Allah.  Allah is al-Hayy.  Muhammad is Alive.”  And then, I woke up.

The people of the people of the dream all had one thing in common.  And there was no imam to lead them.  They were by themselves.  They were by themselves until they were compelled to go and join the majority.  The man walking in the opposite direction was none other than Iblis.  And whoever believes that Rasulullah (s.a.w.) is dead, does not know his religion, and is astray.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir