Tuesday, 3 March 2009

For the Knowers

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Said the Beloved to the Lover: “So come back to Me when it is Time.  Though the world thinks you crazy.  With just one call, I Will Be there.  For I have never left.  And if you walk to me, I will run.  And if you move nearer one step, I Move nearer seventy steps.  I Always answered your call.  Because I Know you.  Even when you have no more faith in yourself.  Your pain is My Pain, your joy is my Joy.  Indeed I am the Friend.”

Said the Lover to the Beloved: “I will Return; my Light, my Sun, my Moon, my Eleven Planets.  I will Return; my Reason, my Heart, my Desire.  Return to me, my Glimpse of Paradise.  Because the Garden is not the Abode.  I seek only You.  You are my Treasure in dunya and my Treasure in akhirah.  My pain is Your Pain, My Joy is Your Joy.  I do not exist in your Presence.  There is only You.  And I know now, We were never apart.” 





As recorded in Swahih al-Buhkari, Swahih Muslim, Sunan at-Tirmidzi and Sunan ibn Majah, on the authority of Abu Hurayra (r.a.), the Prophet (s.a.w.) said, “Allah the Almighty Said, ‘I Am as My servant thinks I Am.  I Am with him when he makes mention of Me.  If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make Mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make Mention of him in an assembly better than it.  And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I Draw near to him a fathom's length.  And if he comes to Me walking, I Go to him at speed.’”

Another possible rendering of the Arabic for the portion, ‘I Am as My servant thinks I Am’. is ‘I Am as My servant expects Me to be.’

2 comments:

  1. where is the quote from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I paraphrased it from a hadith & Rumi.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be posted.