Quora Answer: What Should I Do When I Made a Mistake Reciting the Tashahhud, & Realised It after Swalah?

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

The following is my answer to a Quora question: “I made a mistake in reciting the tashahhud.  I just realised that this is wrong.  Is my swalah, all this time, Accepted?  What should I do? 

It is a principle within Islam that we are not blamed for what we do not know.  Sin has to be the deliberate rebellion against the Divine.  You made a minor mistake in your swalah.  You are no different from the millions out there.  Allah (s.w.t.) does not look for the perfect performance of swalah.  This is not gymnastics with a Divine judge.  He is looking for the sincere intent; that is the primary criteria for the acceptance of any ‘ibadah, act of worship.  Now that you know better, recite it correctly, but there is no requirement to make up all your previous ritual prayers.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir