Quora Answer: Since My Mother is Christian & I am Muslim, is It Haram for Me to Live with Her?

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

The following is my answer to a Quora question: “My mother is a Christian, and I am Muslim.  Is it haram for me to live with her? 

Islam is a religion for people who think.  That you have to ask such a question means you have not been thinking.  Regardless of your religion, it is haram for you to abandon your mother and not look after her, when it is time, without a good reason.  Where in all of the Qur’an, in the sirah, and in the hagiographies of the pious, have you ever found any instance of the believers staying away from their family solely because they had a different religion?  What makes your Islam so fragile that merely staying with a non-Muslim compromises it?  If you have Muslims telling you this, then they are idiots, and you should stay away from them.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir