Quora Answer: Can Islam Reconcile with the Jews?

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

The following is my answer to a Quora question: “Is it possible for Islam to reconcile with the Jews? 

Islam does not have a problem with the Jews.  The Jewish Golden Age coincided with the Muslim one.  Muslim lands took in Jews expelled from Christian Europe, and did not have the systematic discrimination they had in Christian lands.  Some Muslims, mainly Arabs, have problems with Zionist Jews.  It is a political conflict limited to a specific geographic area.  It is neither an inter-civilisational conflict, nor an inter-religious one.  As such, there is nothing to reconcile. 

As a convert to Islam, I have neither a problem with Jews nor Israel. I disapprove of certain policies of their government, just as I disapprove of certain policies of my own, but I did not inherit the political baggage of Arabs and Muslims and their opposition of Israel.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir