Quora Answer: Can I Embrace Islam, if I am a Vegetarian from India?

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

The following is my answer to a Quora question: “I am from India, and I am a vegetarian.  I would like to embrace Islam.  I want to continue being vegetarian.  My only question is can my family and I remain vegetarian after conversion? 

There is nothing in Islamic jurisprudence that precludes you from being a vegetarian by choice.  It is not part of the religion that a Muslim must eat meat.  Muslims who claim such are ignorant.  It is known that the Prophet (s.a.w.) himself, while not a vegetarian, hardly ate meat.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir