Quora Answer: Am I Considered a Muslim if I Do Not Wear the Hijab?

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

The following is my answer to a Quora question: “Am I considered a Muslim if I do not wear hijab? 

You are a Muslim due to theological conviction, not a piece of cloth on the head.  If wearing the hijab were sufficient to make you Muslim, then Catholic nuns would be Muslim.  If removing it were sufficient to take you out of Islam, we would be up to our eyeballs in female apostates.  We enter Islam deliberately, due to intent, and we exit Islam deliberately, due to intent.  You cannot incidentally leave Islam any more than you can incidentally enter it.  That is not how faith works.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir