The Preacher’s Sermon

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

A preacher from another town came to a certain village, and gave a long sermon at the mosque, during Friday prayers.  The next day, the preacher saw a local scholar, and asked him what he thought of the sermon. 

“Well,” replied the scholar, “I’ll tell you this: I couldn’t sleep the night after hearing your sermon.” 

“Oh,” said the preacher. “Did my sermon really have that kind of effect on you?” 

“Well,” the scholar replied, “don’t get me wrong.  The reason I could not sleep is because it is difficult to sleep at night when you’ve already slept during the afternoon.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir