Blasphemy & Faith

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Shaykh Farid ad-Din ‘Aththar Abu Hamid ibn Abu Bakr Ibrahim (q.s.) wrote, in Manthiq ath-Thayr, “How can I travel when my heart must stay lapped here in blood?  And on that weary way, how many empty valleys lie ahead, how many horrors wait for us?  I dread one moment absent from her lovely face; how could I seek the way and leave this place?  My pain exceeds all cure or remedy; I have passed beyond both faith and blasphemy - my blasphemy and faith are for her; my soul is her abject idolater - and through companionless, I weep and groan; my friend is sorrow; I am not alone.  My love has brought me countless miseries, but in her hair, lie countless mysteries; without her face, blood chokes me, I am drowned, I am dust blown aimlessly across the ground.”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir