Adrift

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

Mawlana Jalal ad-Din Muhammad ar-Rumi (q.s.) said: 

“I was going to tell you my story,

But waves of pain drowned my voice.

I tried to utter a word but my thoughts,

Became fragile and shattered like glass.

Even the largest ship can capsize,

In the stormy sea of love;

Let alone my feeble boat,

Which shattered to pieces leaving me nothing,

But a strip of wood to hold on to.

Small and helpless, rising to heaven,

On one wave of love and falling with the next,

I do not even know if I am or I am not.

When I think I am, I find myself worthless;

When I think I am not, I find my value.

Like my thoughts, I die and rise again each day,

So how can I doubt the resurrection?

Tired of hunting for love in the world,

At last I surrender in the valley of love;

And become free.”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir