Tawaswswul through the Prophet’s (s.a.w.) Hair

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Imam Shams ad-Din Abu ‘Abdullah Muhammad ibn Ahmad adz-Dzahabi (r.a.) wrote, in his Siyar A’alam an-Nubala’, that Imam ‘Abdullah ibn Ahmad ibn Hanbal (r.a.), the son of Imam Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Hanbal (r.a.), said, “I saw my father take a hair that belonged to the Prophet (s.a.w.), put it on his mouth, and kiss it.  I believe I saw him put it on his eyes.  He also dipped it in water, and drank the water to obtain a cure.  I saw him take the Prophet’s (s.a.w.) bowl, wash it in water, and drink from it.  I saw him drink Zamzam water in order to seek cure with it, and he wiped his hands and face with it.”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir