The Prophet (s.a.w.) on His Life & Death: Why We Have Mawlid

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) said, “My life is a great good for you; you will relate about me and it will be related to you.  And my death is a great good for you; your actions will be presented to me and if I see goodness, I will praise Allah (s.w.t.), and if see other than that, I will ask Forgiveness of Him.” 

This hadits is cited, by Qadhi Abu al-Fadhl ‘Iyadh ibn ‘Amr al-Yahsubi (r.a.), in his ash-Shifa’.  Imam Abu al-Fadhl ‘Abd ar-Rahman ibn Abu Bakr ibn Muhammad Jalal ad-Din as-Suyuthi (q.s.) wrote it in his Manahil asw-Swafa fi Takhrij Ahadits ash-Shifa’, “ibn Abu ‘Usamah cited it, in his Musnad, from the hadits of Bakr ibn ‘Abdullah al-Mazni, and al-Bazzar from the hadits of ibn Mas’ud with a swahih chain.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir