The Ottoman Sultan’s Declaration of Protection for Christian Monks

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

It is recorded that the Ottoman ruler, Sultan Muhammad II ibn Murad al-Fatih (r.a.), said, “I, the Sultan Khan the Conqueror, hereby declare to the whole world that, the Bosnian Franciscans granted with this decree are under my protection.  And I command that no one shall disturb or give harm to these people and their churches.  They shall live in peace in my state.  No one shall insult, put in danger or attack these lives, properties, and churches of these people.  By declaring this decree, I swear on my sword by the Holy Name of Allah Who has Created the ground and sky, Allah’s prophet, Muhammad (s.a.w.), and 124,000 former prophets that; no one from my citizens will react or behave the opposite of this decree.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir