The Beginning of the Naqshbandi Path

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

With regards his Path, Shah Baha’ ad-Din Muhammad an-Naqshband (q.s.) said. “I had been Asked, in the beginning of my state of attraction, ‘Why are you entering this Path?’ 

I answered, ‘In order that whatever I say and whatever I want will happen.’ 

I was answered, ‘That will not be.  Whatever We Say and whatever We Want is what will happen.’ 

And I said, ‘I cannot do that.  I must be permitted to say and to do whatever I like, or I do not want this Way.’ 

Then I received the Answer, ‘No, it is whatever We Want to be said and whatever We Want to be done that must be said and done.’ 

And I said again, ‘Whatever I say and whatever I do is what must be.’  Then I was left alone for fifteen days, until I was overwhelmed with a tremendous depression. 

Then I heard a voice, ‘O Baha’ ad-Din, whatever you want, We will Grant.’ 

I was overjoyed.  I said, ‘I want to be Given a thariqa' that will lead anyone who travels on it straight to the Divine Presence.’ 

I experienced a great vision and heard a voice saying, ‘You are Granted what you have asked.’”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir