Tuesday, 27 June 2017

Theodor Herzl & Sultan Abdul Hamid II (r.a.)

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

The founder of the Zionist movement, Theodor Herzl himself, had requested from Sultan Abdul Hamid II (r.a.) special permission for the Zionists to settle in Palestine.  In exchange, he would have been given 150 million pounds of gold.  These settlements were to eventually be a nucleus of a Zionist state.

Sultan Abdul Hamid II (r.a.) responded to Theodor Herzl thus: “Even if you gave me as much gold as the entire world, let alone the 150 million English pounds in gold, I would not accept this at all.  I have served the Islamic millah and the ummah of Muhammad for more than thirty years, and never did I blacken the pages of the Muslims- my fathers and ancestors, the Ottoman sultans and caliphs.  And so, I will never accept what you ask of me.”

He then prevented the purchase of tracts of land within Palestine by Zionist organisations.  When Ataturk came to power, he reversed this decision, and the Kemalists allied with the Zionists.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be posted.