Doubting His Spiritual State

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

One great shaykh wrote to Imam Ahmad al-Faruqi ibn ‘Abd al-Ahad as-Sirhindi (q.s.), asking, “The states that you reached, and you are speaking about, did the swahabah receive them, and if they did, did they receive them at one time or did they receive them at separate times?” 

He answered, “I cannot give you an answer unless you come into my presence.” 

When the shaykh came, Imam Ahmad al-Faruqi (q.s.) immediately unveiled to him his spiritual reality and cleaned the darkness of his heart until the shaykh fell prostrate at his feet and said, “I believe, I believe!  I see now that these states were all revealed to the swahabah simply by looking at the Messenger (s.a.w.).”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir