When Jesus (a.s.) Prayed for Rain

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

It is related that Jesus (a.s.) went out to pray for rain, and when the disciples became bored, Jesus (a.s.) said to them, “Whoever of you has committed sin, let him return.”  Then they all left, and only one man remained with him in the desert.  Jesus (a.s.) said to him, “Have you never committed a sin?” 

He replied, “By God, I am aware of nothing except that one day when I was praying, a woman passed me and I looked at her with this eye; but when she passed me, I put my finger in my eye, plucked it out, and threw it after the woman.” 

Then, Jesus (a.s.) said to him, “Do pray to God, that I may say ‘amen’ to your prayer!”  So, he prayed and the sky was covered with clouds, and the rain poured down and they were provided with water.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir