Jesus’ (a.s.) Submission to Divine Decree

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Imam Abu Bakr ‘Abdullah ibn Muhammad ibn Abu ad-Dunya (r.a.) said, “Jesus, the son of Mary, was accustomed to say, ‘O my God, surely I have entered into the morning unable to neither forestall what I fear nor hasten what I hope for.  The whole affair is in another’s hand. I have arisen bound to my deeds.  There is no one poorer than me.  Do not Make me the cause of my enemies being cursed, nor Make me the reason any harm should come to a friend.  Do not Place tribulation in my spiritual path, nor Empower anyone over me who shows me no mercy.’”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir