A Scholar’s Tawaswswul at the Maqam of a Wali

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

Imam Shihab ad-Din Abu al-Fadhl Ahmad ibn ‘Ali ibn Hajr al-‘Asqalani (r.a.) wrote, in Tahdzib at-Tahdzib, that Imam Abu ‘Abdullah Muhammad ibn ‘Abdullah al-Hakim an-Nishaburi (r.a.) said that he heard Shaykh Abu ‘Ali Hasan ibn ‘Ali ad-Daqqaq (r.a.) say, “I was in extreme depression, then I saw Prophet (s.a.w.) in my dream.  He said, ‘Go to grave of Yahya ibn Yahya, recite istighfar, and ask for help through his intercession.  Your problem will be solved.’  I did that and my problem was solved in the morning.”  Here, Imam ibn Hajr al-‘Asqalani (r.a.) showed that visiting the tombs of the awliya’ and seeking their intercession is a meritorious and approved act.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir